• Share this:
  • Provantage Twitter
  • Provantage Linkedin
  • Provantage Facebook

Provantage Corporate Finance supports Galson Sciences, an international consulting and research firm, on their sale to Egis Group

Project: Galson Sciences
Sector: Environmental
Deal Value: Undisclosed
Buyer: Egis Group


Galson Sciences is an international consulting and research firm based in Oakham and specialises in radioactive waste management and disposal. The company undertakes multidisciplinary studies covering all aspects of the radioactive waste lifecycle, including inventory analysis, waste treatment, conditioning, and packaging, interim storage, transport, and disposal. The company has expertise in preparing disposal safety cases for all kinds of radioactive waste, environmental safety cases for decommissioning, research on pre-disposal management options for “problematic” radioactive wastes, criticality safety assessment and lifecycle cost assessment.

Galson Sciences has an international profile as a lead provider of radioactive waste management solutions and has played a major role in programmes across the globe. Also, a key partner to many UK clients, including the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and its subsidiaries RWM, Magnox, DSRL, Sellafield Ltd and LLWR Ltd. International activities includes work for the European Commission, ONDRAF/NIRAS (Belgium), Andra (France), Nagra (Switzerland), and other radioactive waste management organizations.

Egis is a major international group bringing innovation in consulting, engineering, and operations in the construction engineering and mobility services sectors (€1.07 Bn turnover in 2020, 16,000 employees). The Group creates and operates intelligent infrastructure and buildings capable of responding to the global climate emergency and addressing the major challenges of our time by helping to achieve more sustainable and resilient development. Egis is a 75%-owned subsidiary of the French public financial institution Caisse des Dépôts, with the remaining 25% held by partner executives and employees.

Egis has a long-standing involvement in nuclear power-related activities. The nuclear team has contributed to the design of all the French technology nuclear power plants and has helped make France the world’s second-largest country for nuclear reactors, after the United States. Since 2000 Egis has played a leading role in the main EPR projects – in Finland, France, China and the UK, in existing plant maintenance and lifetime extensions, and in ITER, the international programme for experimental nuclear fusion research in Cadarache, France.

Daniel Galson, Managing Director and founder of Galson Sciences said: We are excited to be joining the Egis group. Egis will bring additional capability to our clients in the UK and internationally by expanding the range and depth of experience that we are able to offer in support of radioactive waste management solutions. I am convinced that Egis is an excellent new home for the company.”

David Browne, Provantage Corporate Finance, commented: “Dan founded his business over 25 years ago and we are very pleased to have supported him in completing a transaction which meets his objectives and plans for the business and his team moving forward.”

Provantage Corporate Finance provided invaluable independent advice in examining a range of options for the future of the company and subsequently in dealing with some of the details of the transaction with Egis. I really felt that they had my best interests at heart at every stage

Dan Galson, Managing Director & Founder

Galson Sciences